Annual Point in Time Count
The Point in Time Count (PIT) and companion Housing Inventory Count (HIC) occur every January. In Minnesota, the official count date is generally the night of the fourth Wednesday of the month.
Guidance for 2023
- The Official Date of the 2022 Count is the night of Wednesday, January 25, 2023.
- Data submittal due by Friday, February 3, 2023.
- 2022 Housing Inventory - For updating 2023 shelter locations and program capacity, and identifying potential sites for service-based counts.
- Statewide PIT Count Materials site (HMIS-MN online resources link). This page has been updated for 2023.
- MN Department of Health Considerations for PIT Count - slides with guidance for health and safety during the count
- School-based PIT Guidance - two-page resource for understanding school participation in the PIT Count
CoC-wide PIT Count Training for Surveyors and Housing Providers: January 10, 2023 1-2:30pm via Zoom.
Count for Housing Providers in HMIS
Includes shelter, transitional housing, host homes, rapid rehousing, and supportive housing.
Count for Housing Providers NOT in HMIS
Includes shelters, host homes, and transitional housing programs.